Download the slides clicking here.
The training module aims to define the strategy and the main activities for an efficient Non Revenue Water (NRW) management and to achieve leakage reduction objectives. It will be presented the EU Reference Document “Good Practices on Leakage Management” which results from the collaborative work of the EU Member States, in order to define a common approach to:
- Improve the efficient use of water resources;
- Provide guidelines for water losses management in order to achieve the WFD (Water Framework Directive) objectives.
Furthermore it will be presented the IWA (International Water Association) Best Practice, in order to calculate Water Balance, Non- Revenue Water and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
In addition some recommendations will be defined for policy makers, water authorities, regulators and water utilities and some case studies will be presented.
The module will also present and discuss the two macro-indicators for water leaks defined by the 917/2017/R/idr Resolution of 27/12/2017 of the Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and the Environment (ARERA) which introduced the new Regulation of the Technical Quality of the Integrated Water Service (RQTI).
- Introduction to EU Reference Document “Good Practices on Leakage Management”;
- Presentation of the holistic approach to leakage management;
- Definition KPIs for NRW management;
- Water Leakages performance indicators defined by the Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and the Environment (ARERA);
- Strategy and main activities for Non Revenue Water (NRW) management and for leakage reduction;
- Discussion, comparison and sharing of experiences among participants.
- Technicians, specialists and innovation managers working in water utilities
Marco Fantozzi (Isle), Jurica Kovac (IWA Water Loss SG) e Cor Merks (EU Report Leakage management).