Welcome message from the IWA WaterIDEAS conference chair
Welcome everyone, to our second IWA international event on Water Ideas, following IWA WaterIDEAS 2014 and a series of IWA water loss reduction speciality conference here at H2O Water Fair. Over 100 high quality technical and scientific papers will be delivered during the next 3 days. This conference is willing to bridge devices and to strengthen links between Water Loss Specialist Group, European Commission, European regulators, Young Water Professionals, SWAN network, water utilities, research and smart water networks community.
The Conference programme includes sessions on Smart water projects, ICT, modelling and smart water technologies, Water loss reduction projects in Europe, Regulation for efficiency in water loss management, Sustainable water management, Energy Efficiency, Leakage management, AMR and Pressure Management, etc. as well as some important associated Workshops:
- The Pre-conference Workshop for Young Water Professionals: YWP Workshop Developing a Roadmap: ICT solutions for Water in Smart Cities will take place on Wednesday 19th October 2016, 10:30-16:00. This workshop for and by Young Water Professionals (YWPs), is developed by the International Water Association on behalf of the partners of WIDEST, a European Commission project, which aims to establish an interconnected ICT for Water community.
- The Pre-conference Workshop: European Water Systems: Perspectives and investments organized in collaboration with WAREG (the European Water Regulator) will take place on Wednesday 19th October 2016, 15:00-17:00.
- The Water Regulation Workshop: Collaboration for efficient and resilient water services organized in collaboration with AEEGSI (the Italian Water Regulator) will take place on Thursday 20th October 2016, 10:00-13:00
- The SWAN Workshop: Achieving data integration and resilience planning organized in collaboration with SWAN (the Smart Water Network forum) will take place on Thursday 20th October 2016, 14:00-18:00
- The MM Workshop: Experiences and innovative solutions for advanced management of water networks organized in collaboration with MM (the water utility of the city of Milan) will take place on Friday 21st October 2016, 9:30-13:00
In addition an open meeting of IWA Water Loss Specialist Group, about the group’s activities on water loss, in particular Non Revenue Water will take place on Friday 21st October 2016, 13:00-14:00 in Pavillion 26. Techniques focused on are leak detection, pressure control, apparent losses, flow measurement, water distribution management, water audits, strategic planning for water loss reduction, and many other factors impacting on losses. Agenda available here: Agenda IWA WLSG Meeting Bologna 2016
The conference is hosted by H2O Water Fair 2016 (www.accadueo.com) one of the largest water fairs in Europe.
We encourage you to join us in Bologna, meet water leaders, and work together to save more water.
Chair IWA Water Ideas Conference,
IWA Water Loss Specialist Group
Participation is free but seats availability is limited. Reservations will be processed on “first come, first served” basis. Please book your seat via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
English is the official language of the conference. Translation to Italian will be provided. Further details will be available along with the final technical programme. Interpretation services are provided by the Organisers of the Conference.
How to reach Bologna Fair – Conference Venue
See map below to enter the Water Fair and access the Workshops.
Bologna International Airport is only few km away from the Fair. In addition Venice’s International Airport and Milan International Airport are well connected to Bologna. There are daily direct flights from all around Europe and outside Europe with traditional carriers and low cost airlines.
Remember to print/show on your mobile your Fair Entry ticket downloadable at: http://www.accadueo.com/en/visitors/ticket-online/register-your-data-for-receiving-a-free-entry/6362.html
and show it at the gates of the Fair to access the Conference venue.
Bologna – the host city
Bologna City of art, culture and commerce, with a streamlined trade-fair organization and a well-known manufacturing and motor tradition, Bologna is famous for its almost 40 km of arcades, the longest in the world. Also called “The Learned” for its old University, and “The Fat” for its food tradition, the city is also a “UNESCO creative City of Music” and has one of the largest and most well-preserved medieval historical centres, full of restaurants, taverns, theatres and shops. Home of many famous artists its charm has also charmed notable people like Mozart, Carducci, Dante, Rossini and Guglielmo Marconi, winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics.